As part of the development of Borders Lane playing field, there will be provided a new sports and Wellness Centre will provide state-of-the-art leisure facilities for College students as well as the local community.
The facilities will incorporate:
- A multi-games area, able to cater for premium level basketball, badminton and other team sports;
- A dance and fitness studio;
- A gym space with the latest equipment;
- A physiotherapy room for sports treatments;
- A café, open to the general public with views of the landscaped park area.
The new sports and Wellness Centre will be directly managed by the College, with experienced, qualified leisure staff. The College’s Sport students will have work experience and training opportunities in running every aspects of the new centre, providing an excellent training facility for the industry specialists of the future.
The sports and Wellness Centre will be easily accessible to residents of the new housing development and the wider local community at affordable rates. The operating hours will be flexible to accommodate College, external hire and general use.